- Squaw Valley Writers Workshop, 2010 (scholarship)
- Screenwriting Program at The Film School at Scottsdale Community College, 2004-2006
- University of Montana at Billings, B.A. in Music, 1985
- 2013 International Words with Jam First Page Competition
- 2012 Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award Contest Quarterfinalist
- 2009 Willamette Writers’ Conference Actors Lab Selection
- 2008 Media Award from Society for Accessible Travel and Hospitality (as part of Tempe Convention & Visitors’ Bureau team).
- 2005 Actors’ Choice Award, Screenwriting Conference at Santa Fe
- 1st Place Screenwriting, Scottsdale Motion Picture/Television Film & Video Festival
- 2004 Award of Merit, Media Communication Association International, AZ Chapter
- Hanging out on the deck with her husband and dog
Award-winning writer Cindy Brown has created ad, marketing, and content copy for companies like Chase Bank, InterContinental Hotels, and the Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts. She has written educational materials for Pearson-Prentiss Hall, had over a dozen plays and screenplays produced, and ghostwritten books and articles that have been published in national magazines and top websites. Off hours, Cindy enjoys writing mysteries and learning how to kill people in interesting ways.