Over the years, our full-service marketing agency has seen a lot of good businesses suffer from bad marketing. Their products are top-of-the-line, their services are the best in the biz, and their customers are wildly happy. Problem is, no one knows about them.
How can it be that a company who performs so well in every other respect struggles to get their name out?
Simple. They don’t have the in-house digital marketing abilities they need to stay competitive. Not that we’re blaming them. Most companies are rightfully focused on the core of their business. They may not have the time or staff to help with anything that feels ‘extraneous.’
But a myriad of SEO algorithm updates, social media changes, and digital marketing trends power our modern day marketplace. Successful businesses, small and large, must have a command of the digital landscape or get left in the dust.
Have you been considering making a change to your marketing strategy in the New Year? See if any of these following scenarios sound familiar. Any one of them could be an indication it’s time to hire a full-service agency.
1. Your freelance staff can’t keep up. There’s no shortage of independent contractors available for hire. While using them as a temporary stopgap may make sense for a time, there eventually comes a point when even they can’t take your business to the next level. They may become overwhelmed with the work and unable to educate themselves on important industry updates at the same time. For that, you need a digital agency who’s already rocketed ahead of the curve, anticipating changes and making adjustments before updates negatively impact your brand.
2. You don’t have the budget for a full-time marketing department. Between benefits, payroll taxes, and training or relocation expenses even a one-person department can cost you a fortune. You also have to spend valuable time and energy onboarding and risk disrupting your team’s established dynamic. When you work with an SEO agency, you get all the benefits of a fully-fledged department without any of the expenses or complexities.
3. You’re feeling creatively uninspired. It takes a lot of mental reserves to consistently supply the kind of compelling content that increases your web traffic and conversions. If you’re already leaving the office every day mentally drained, attempting to create a campaign in your beleaguered state could actually hurt your brand’s reputation. An agency is a cornucopia of creativity with naturally clever marketers who all feed off one another’s ideas. It’s an environment that encourages and cultivates creativity in an ever-renewing cycle.
4. Your core business needs some extra attention. Most folks start a business because they’re really good at a particular job. Neglecting this foundation in order to try and create mediocre marketing materials is likely to cause a collapse. Leaving this role in the capable hands of a full-service digital marketing agency ensures you’re able to concentrate on the core of what makes your brand so great.
5. Your branding isn’t consistent. You only have one chance to make a first impression. These days, that first impression is happening online more and more. If a prospective customer is getting conflicting messages when they research your brand, they’re likely to find someone for the job. By contrast, a marketing or advertising agency will make sure you’re represented professionally and consistently across all applicable social media platforms and online channels.
6. Your business is rapidly expanding. Whether your brand has just landed a huge account or you’re poised for a huge expansion, you’ll need to scale your marketing deliverables to keep up. If you’re looking to grow your business but aren’t sure how, try working with a full-service digital agency who can improve your Google ranking with high-powered online advertising campaigns, masterful content marketing, and more!
Does one or more of these ring true from your business? Time to make contact, and expand your brand.