Why Your eCommerce Business Should Be Using Shopify
Amazon revolutionized the consumer experience when it launched in 1995, and 5 years later, about 20 percent of consumers in the United States were making purchases online. But that was the year 2000. That percentage had already exploded even before the pandemic created a world of tele-everything. Now, with consumers having grown even more accustomed to the convenience of direct-to-doorstep delivery of . . . well, whatever they want, it’s estimated that over 80 percent of US consumers are online shoppers. That’s great news for your eCommerce business! But it also means that your customer base now expects to be able to buy online easily . . . no muss, no fuss. Which puts the pressure on you to make the online shopping experience satisfying and simple. So, which eCommerce platform is your best bet? Let’s dig into some of the top benefits of Shopify.
Why use Shopify?
When it comes to creating the online shopping experience for your customers, your eCommerce business has options. Using Shopify as your eCommerce platform has numerous advantages. We’ll stick to the top three.
- It’s user-friendly. Shopify was created with a non-tech user in mind. It’s completely customizable and even the most non-tech-savvy user can choose a beautiful template and set up a stellar online store with ease. If you’re stuck, there are plenty of online tutorials to help you out!
- It offers easy-to-use app integration. Shopify has its own app store with thousands of apps that integrate seamlessly. Whatever your specific need—from shipping label creating to customer service—there’s a app for that.
- It’s SEO-friendly. Shopify takes into account the necessity of search engine optimization for your business and allows you to add and edit meta-tags, keywords, and alt-text as well as incorporating many SEO best practices into the platform automatically. Their analytics will also help you keep on top of conversions and give you the info needed to adjust your site to maximize sales.
Still not convinced? Let’s take a look at some companies that are taking advantage of Shopify!
Who uses Shopify?
Whether they’re using Shopify for eCommerce or a professional service business, companies that use Shopify tend to leave glowing reviews. And the industries served are all across the board. Some of the larger companies using Shopify? Kylie Jenner’s cosmetic brand, Penguin Books, Hyatt Hotels, and Red Bull. But Shopify is also created with small business in mind (and has helped numerous small businesses grow). They’ve also added numerous features during the pandemic to make Shopify even more attractive to small businesses. Check out a couple of unique small businesses that used Shopify to build their brand.
- Partake foods—created by a mom who had trouble finding snacks for her daughter who had multiple food allergies
- World’s Window—an in-person retail store in Kansas City that needed to move online fast during the pandemic—their new Shopify store was up and running in three days
While Shopify is incredibly SEO-friendly, the best optimization is never set-it-and-forget-it. SEO is an ongoing process that takes place both on and off your website. Brining in digital marketing experts, like Globe Runner, can give your small or large eCommerce business the boost it needs. Globe Runner’s Shopify experts are more than familiar with the platform and all the ins and outs of how to make Shopify work for you. Check out how Globe Runner helped Jerky Dynasty drive consumers to their eCommerce store using targeted blogger outreach.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is Shopify good for business?
Shopify was designed with flexibility and ease in mind. With hundred of templates and thousands of apps to integrate into your online store, Shopify can help you launch your new eCommerce business and grow your already growing business. Consumers want to do their shopping online, and Shopify is a simple and beautiful solution for businesses big and small.
Why do customers like Shopify?
Customers love the reporting capabilities once their store is up. The analytics gives business owners the information they need to tweak their site and increase sales. When building the site, users love the templates and how user-friendly the entire platform is. And with multiple plan options, Shopify will grow right alongside your business!
What makes Shopify different?
At the end of the day, Shopify is the most complete eCommerce solution on the market that has the most features. It’s flexible and offers everything you need to get your online store up and running without needing an advanced degree in web design.
Is Shopify safe?
Absolutely! Over half a million businesses use Shopify and they highest security standards in place to keep their customers (and your customers) protected.